Self-awareness is the key to personal success. But understanding oneself is not so simple. Here are more details.
Three things are very challenging: breaking steel, crushing diamonds, and understanding oneself.ADVERTISEMENT
Benjamin Franklin, politician, scientist and inventor
Ask yourself these 20 questions
Unfortunately, there is no single path to self-awareness. Every person is unique. And the only one who can help you know yourself is yourself. Some say that you need to live for this, and wisdom will come by itself, but what if it takes 60 years? You can wait, but then you will have an unconscious life behind you.
Read also: This Is How Friends Affect Our Performance
Answer the following inquiries honestly in order to speed up this process. This can be completed in any order. Don't dwell on your response for too long. The one that first appears in the thoughts will be the faithful one.
- What can I do well?
- What am I doing very well?
- What am I doing badly?
- What am I getting tired of?
- What is the most important thing in my life for me?
- Who are the most important people in my life?
- How many hours of sleep do I need per night?
- What makes me nervous?
- What calms me down?
- What is success in my understanding of this word?
- What type of worker am I?
- How do I want to look in the eyes of others?
- What makes me sad?
- What makes me happy?
- What makes me angry?
- What kind of person do I want to be?
- What kind of friend do I want to be?
- What is my opinion of myself?
- What do I value in life?
- What am I afraid of?
Please note that everyone interprets these questions differently. This means that there are no right or wrong answers.
Analyze the answers
Sincere responses to these inquiries will assist you in redefining and improving your life. The process itself is important here. You improve your thinking by providing straightforward responses to questions. The word "logos" used by Aristotle refers to ideas that include the speaker's unbiased, logical arguments.
Learn to express your feelings and emotions in words. Your answers should be sincere so that you understand your strengths and weaknesses. Don't try to hide things from yourself or make yourself look good. Consider the qualities you'd like to improve upon, what hinders you in life. Do what you know how and what makes you happy. Avoid what you do wrong and what makes you unhappy.
Just don't go overboard. Keep in mind that life has both good and challenging moments. If you are having difficulties in your personal life, you should not end the relationship right away. Simply be conscious of the root causes of these issues, such as selfishness, deceit, or miscommunication, and work to eradicate them.
Also read: 7 Ways to Deal With Loneliness
- Study the works of philosophers.
- Be neutral in conversations. Don't try to be right all the time. View the problem from different perspectives.
- Write down your thoughts. Always ask yourself why something happened.
- Speak. Communication is essential. Talk to family, friends, colleagues. You will know yourself by expressing your feelings, especially if you are asked questions that make you think.
The path to self-awareness can start with this technique.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Life hacker