Iced coffee differs from traditional coffee because it is usually decorated with ingredients such as whipped cream, cream, cinnamon powder, chocolate, syrup, among others. It can be prepared as frappe coffee or even as granita coffee. It is a super refreshing option for coffee flavor lovers in the world. In this article, we will teach you how to make iced coffee in the easiest and most delicious way.
How to Make Iced Coffee-Step by Step
Making a homemade iced coffee is very easy. Once you get the hang of it, iced coffee will become your favorite drink on hot days. These are the ingredients you need.
- 100 ml of coffee
- 50 ml of milk
- 2 cups of ice
If you know how to prepare coffee, then this will be a walk in the park. And if you have an Italian coffee maker, no problem, just follow these steps to learn how to make cold coffee.
Read also: How to Make Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
- Prepare a classic latte with the ingredients we gave you.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar and stir until well dissolved.
- Pour the coffee with the ice into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve your cup of iced coffee in a large glass.
- Optionally, add ground cinnamon or whipped cream.
If you prefer the more classic recipes, you can try a coffee with ice and do without milk, as well as creams and other essences.
How to Make Creamy Iced Coffee
There are several coffee shops where it is customary to serve this creamy iced coffee, either to accompany the dish that is being tasted or to enjoy dessert after eating.
It is a super refreshing drink that is of great help to regain energy, especially on days when we feel exhausted by the sun. If you want to make it, you only need the following ingredients:
- 50 ml of liquid cream or cream
- 50 ml American espresso
- 25 ml of liquid milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 100 g in ice cubes
Once you have all the coffee ingredients ready, you will only need to follow these steps:
- Make espresso and let it steep.
- Place the cream or cream in a bowl and beat until peaks form.
- Put the cream in a pastry bag and take it to the refrigerator.
- Combine the coffee, condensed milk, liquid milk, teaspoon of vanilla, and ice cubes in a blender, or stir by hand. Do it until a homogeneous mixture is made, as well as creamy.
- Serve it in a glass or cup and decorate it with the cream. Also, add the cocoa powder on the surface.
How to Make Frappe Coffee
A favorite among many coffee lovers, frappe coffee is an iced coffee recipe that was created in Greece by a Nestlé employee named Dimitris Vakondios. The creation was the product of a coincidence: when running out of hot water to prepare an instant coffee, he decided to use cold water.
To ensure that the ingredients were well mixed, he ran the blender on high power, resulting in an iced coffee with a lot of froth on the surface.
From that moment until today, frappe coffee has become one of the most important gourmet drinks in Greece and in the world. If you want to know how to make frappe coffee, you will first need the following ingredients:
- 200 g crushed or cubed ice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 200 ml of liquid milk
- 2 or 3 coffee beans to decorate
- Ice cream or cream (optional)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
Once you have them, follow the steps that we detail below.
- Prepare the espresso manually or in your automatic coffee machine, if you have one. Mix it with sugar and cold milk.
- Pour it into the blender glass next to the ice. If you want it very creamy, you can add a little ice cream or cream, plus a dash of vanilla. Beat it for a few minutes until you see the coffee slush.
- Serve it in a tall glass and, if you wish, decorate it with a little ground cinnamon, syrup of the flavor you like the most, or with 2 or 3 coffee beans.
This drink is a good option to refresh yourself during the summer, but if you are a coffee lover, you can consume it at any time of the year.
How to Make Iced lemon Coffee
Like frappe coffee and iced coffee, iced coffee with lemon has become a very popular drink, despite its seemingly unusual ingredients. Try it from home and discover how to make iced lemon coffee with just these ingredients:
- 1 cup of black coffee
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 5 ice cubes made from coffee (you must prepare them the day before)
- Brown sugar
To make iced coffee at home, follow these instructions:
- Mix all the ingredients in a large glass and stir well.
- Sweeten your coffee with 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Add several lemon slices and more ice.
Also read: How to Make a Jamaican Coffee
When you make iced coffee with lemon, it is not necessary to add any syrup or syrup, since the flavor of the lemon juice may change and be altered. With these simple steps, you can prepare the best recipes for iced coffee and drink it at any time.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff