To prepare this simple banana bread, choose those bananas that are very ripe. The shells should be brown and, inside, they should be soft and brownish.
In addition to being very quick to make, you won’t need a mixer or food processor. You can even make the entire mixture in one container and avoid cleaning too many utensils!
– 2 or 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
– 1/3 cup melted butter (you can substitute any vegetable oil)
– 1 cup sugar (3/4 cup can be used, or up to 1/2 cup if desired less sweet)
– 1 beaten egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Optional: nuts and / or cinnamon
Also read: Health Benefits of Organic Food
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F / 175 ° C.
2. Grease a pan or baking tin approximately 10 x 20 centimeters or lubricate with a few drops of oil.
3. In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork to form a paste.
4. Mix the melted butter (or vegetable oil) together with the smashed bananas. Then add the baking soda and salt.
5. Add and stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Then add the flour.
Note: at this point, you can also add the chopped nuts or cinnamon.
6. Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 175ºC / 350 ° F.
Read also: Benefits of Avocado That You Didn’t Know
7. Remove from the oven and let your banana bread cool completely.
8. Cut into slices, and enjoy!
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff