There are times in life when you need to cope with mental pain and move on quickly. There is one easy way to transform negative emotions. When in pain, give yourself five minutes to scream, cry, and beat your pillow: Feel the negative energy as intensely as possible. But stop after exactly five minutes and use your sadness as a motivator to be move on.
We all have times when we miss our loved ones, get depressed, we all have times when it seems to us that the world is crumbling down on us. All these feelings can come to a person from time to time, or they can await us at the most inopportune moment, when we least expect a blow of fate .
Many people think that negative feelings should be ignored. Philosophers and psychologists are breaking their spears on how to get rid of negative emotions.
The truth is, there is no joy without pain. If we were always happy with everything, life would seem rather bland to us. In principle, no one would be able to sense anything.
In fact, it is not necessary to think exclusively positively. It is just positive thinking that allows you to push your pain, and therefore your problem, deeper inside yourself. However, if you don’t work with negative emotions, they will haunt you everywhere and poison your life.
Try to act selfishly; try to overcome your sadness in an unusual way and convert feelings into action.
- Realize clearly that right now you are filled with negative emotions or pain.
- If you are sad, put your story or incident on paper, and tell other people that you are struggling. Perhaps you are not alone in your feelings and your story will become a testimony to other people that they are not alone.
- If you miss someone, write about how that person inspires you. Maybe an interesting story will even come out of this.
- If you dislike someone, read their favorite book. Perhaps this will help you understand the person better.
- If you are jealous of someone, channel your energies into learning a skill in which that person is superior to you. Perhaps one day you will become even better than him.
- If you have thoughts of death, just do a good deed – help someone. You will feel a tremendous surge of strength and thirst to live when you feel that there are people who need you.
Let your negative emotions and your pain inspire you to do what you really love to do.
Do not hesitate – do it. Convert the pain into a new form. Create something artistic; a book, a painting, a song. Prepare something delicious, go to the gym, climb to the top of the mountain, create a startup. Do something magical.
Do what you love and don’t think about anything else. The secret is that by concentrating on something, you transform your pain. If Teresa Malfatti had married Beethoven, he would never have composed such a work as “To Elise”. Your negative feelings can be a treasure for someone. Let them go.
Don’t think – act!
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff