Of course, on the one hand, what could be easier than eating figs – take it in your hand, take a bite and chew it. But if you are visiting or in a restaurant and you were served figs with prosciutto and soft cheese, what then? Together with etiquette expert Maria Gritsay, we figure out how to eat this fruit correctly.
Read also: Figs: Health Benefits And Harms
How to eat figs
- If the figs are served on the table as a whole, then we transfer them from the common dish to our plate by hand. It is not acceptable to bite off the whole fruit.
- It is important to take exactly as many pieces as you eat and not put the fruit on your plate.
- We take a fork and a knife (for fruit, they must be served)
- Put the fruit tail down, cut into quarters.
- You need figs with peels.
- Figs can be served in halves with prosciutto or soft cheeses. Using the cutlery, place a slice of ham or spread with cheese (depending on your choice)
Also read: Walnuts: Benefits, Harms And Culinary Uses
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle