The first memories of popsicles appeared as early as 3000 BC in China. The wealthy Chinese feasted on snow and ice mixed with slices of oranges, lemons, and pomegranate seeds. Chinese Emperor Tanggu even came up with his own recipe for making ice and milk mixtures. The recipes and storage methods were kept secret and were declassified only in the XI century BC in the book “Shih Jing” – a canonical collection of ancient songs. Here is how to choose quality popsicles.
Read also: How To Choose Quality Chicken Eggs
How to choose quality fruit and berry ice cream
According to experts, fruit and berry ice cream is the safest. These are popsicles, frozen juice, and sorbet. It is less caloric than creamy and differs only in the composition of berries and fruits.
Also read: How To Choose And Store Flour
- How to define quality ice cream? First, pay attention to the packaging. The ice cream inside should have an obvious shape.
- If only juice is indicated in the ingredients, you can safely buy it.
- You should also look at the expiration date; the shorter it is, the healthier and better the ice cream is. Usually, cold dessert has a shelf life of 10-12 months.
- The smell of high-quality fruit and berry ice cream should not be too concentrated, and the color should not be too bright.
- To determine the dyes’ naturalness, conduct a thermal experiment; pour ice cream with hot water. The color and consistency must be uniform.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle