Many people seek to improve their weight for health, and others also try to lose weight to look better. Getting a better physical shape and silhouette is not an impossible mission, even if you go against the clock for a short period of time.
A few basic eating and exercise guidelines are the magic formula to achieve this. This time, we are going to focus on physical activity. We explain how to lose weight fast with exercises at home to start to achieve your goal.
Lose Weight Fast With Aerobics At Home
Doing aerobics at home doesn’t have to be complicated. It is also not necessary to have an exercise bike or any other device. It is much easier than all this. Of course, normally, it will be necessary for you to perform at least 15 minutes of aerobic exercise. If you are in better shape and regularly exercise, you can increase the time.
Jump to lose weight
It is one of the best exercises to burn calories and fat. To practice it, you have several options:
- Jump on the same site: with this exercise, you will have to make small jumps over the ground where you are and repeatedly. You can also vary the flexion of the knees to make the jumps more difficult and burn more calories.
- Jump rope: you only need to take a rope and start jumping. To make the exercise less monotonous, try skipping forward and then backward. You will discover that there are many benefits of jumping rope and not just the fact that it helps you lose weight.
- Jump to the rubber band: Surely in childhood, you played with the rubber band in the schoolyard or the park. It is time to get those games back and play them continuously. It is a way to burn calories and have fun at the same time. If you don’t have someone to do this exercise with, tie the rubber band’s ends to hard-to-move furniture for resistance.
Up and Down Stairs
Several machines in gyms simulate the movement of going up and downstairs, for example, the elliptical. If you have an elliptical at home, as many people have them like stationary bikes, we recommend following the Elliptical machine exercise routine that you can find in this other article.
If you do not have a machine, you can go up and downstairs. For example, if you live in a building, one of the best options is to run up and down the stairs several times if you cannot take advantage of the ones in a park that you have close to home or others that you will find on the street.
Dancing to Lose Weight
It is another excellent option to practice in the living room at home. Put on music with many rhythms, disco or dance type, among other options, and dance. It does not matter if you do not have many styles, it is about that the whole body is in motion; remember that the goal is to lose weight and not win an exhibition.
Another option if you prefer to learn steps or follow a choreography is to use the Internet to follow videos of classes of styles that you like.
Exercises to Lose Weight Fast
Apart from aerobic exercise, it is convenient that the physical activity carried out includes exercises to tone and gain strength. Also, with your practice, you will continue to burn calories. If you’re not very fit, doing fifteen reps on each leg is more than enough to get you started. Take note of these simple exercises to lose weight for the lower body.
- Squat walking: it is one of the most effective for working the legs and glutes. Walk forward down the hall like this, and when you’ve reached the end, walk backward again. This will work the entire thigh area. Although anyone can do it, this exercise is especially suitable for those with cellulite on the thighs and buttocks.
- Jump Squats: This exercise is pretty tough, but these are some of the best squats, and the results are terrific. It consists of doing the movement as if you were going to sit down, but without having a chair. In this way, you lower the knees’ flexion until more or less, then straighten the legs and take a small jump. Follow the steps that you will see in the image below.
- Bench jumps: to perform this exercise, and you will need a bench or stool, which is not very high. The activity consists of going up with one leg, supporting the footwell on the bench, going up, and leaving the other in the air. It is then lowered so that both feet are well supported on the ground, and the previous movement is made with the opposite leg. And so on, until the series is completed.
In all these exercises, it is advisable to do a minimum of 15 repetitions of the movement, as we have commented at the beginning. It is advisable to do at least between 2 and 3 series.
Exercises to Lose Weight On the Arms
The section or upper body of the body is also important to work on. In fact, the inner part of the arms is prone to sagging, which is accentuated if you have to lose a lot of weight. Also, with the summer, by not wearing long sleeves, many prefer to show off a toned arm.
It is one of the best exercises for the arms –the chest is also worked-, achieving results quickly. If you have never done well, a trick to make tricep dips easily is:
- Stand with your back to the sofa or bench.
- Rest your hands firmly on edge.
- Place your feet in front, stretching your legs and resting your heels on the floor.
- Slowly bend your arms and carefully lower yourself as far as you can.
- Slowly raise your body, stretching your arms.
- Repeat this movement 10 times and do 3 sets.
In the image below, you can see an example of this exercise.
Lateral Arm Raises
This exercise is simpler than the previous one. You need a little room to open your arms and a couple of full water bottles.
- Stand up straight.
- Put your legs slightly apart, at hip level, and bend your knees slightly.
- With a bottle of water in each hand – they can be the small ones to start with – put each arm next to the body.
- From there, raise your arms well stretched to shoulder height, so that you form a cross with your body.
- Lower your arms slowly until before they touch your body and immediately bring them back up.
- Do 15 reps and 3 sets.
With these simple but effective exercises, you can achieve the goal, as long as you are consistent.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff