Jumping rope is an enjoyable exercise reminiscent of childhood days, but it is also an excellent physical activity to keep fit, lose weight, and burn fat. And this exercise is a fantastic calorie burner. They burn more than with other physical activities and do it in less time because it is a more intense exercise. Now, it all depends on how you jump rope and the pace you take.
We will explain to you how many calories you burn jumping rope to take it into account in your workouts. This will also help you do more planning for your exercise routine, especially the cardio part. Thus, by controlling how many calories you burn the jumping rope, you can determine the time of aerobic exercise with toning or other activities.
How Many Calories in 30 Minutes Skipping
As we have discussed previously, skipping rope is an excellent exercise because it burns quite a few calories in a short time. Also, the advantage it has is that you do not need a large infrastructure to do it because it is an activity that can be practiced in the gym, but also in the park and even in your own home, since you only need a jump rope.
But, well, let’s talk about calories now because surely you are wondering how many calories you burn jumping rope. Well, the answer is that it is 340 calories if you jump rope for 30 minutes.
However, the calorie burn can be even higher depending on how fast you jump rope, and if you jump a little higher than lifting your feet just enough to get the rope through. In this way, faster and jumping higher, you can burn more calories, possibly even double the 340.
How you jump rope also influences the burning of calories. Of course, the more effort, the more calories you will have burned jumping rope.
How to Lose Weight by Skipping Rope
Burning more calories skipping rope to lose your belly has its trick. Well, instead, they are a series of options that you have at your disposal to increase calorie burn while jumping rope. And how is it done?
- Rope: The rope you choose is especially important. And it has to be the right length to optimize the exercise and do the correct movements. And it is that, if it is very long or concise, you will have to force the position, and you will not be able to go as fast as you want. To choose the rope well, make sure that the length is not higher than the top of your armpits when you are standing.
- Jumping – Jumping is also especially important because if you don’t jump correctly, you won’t burn as many calories. You always have to jump with your feet slightly apart and with your body straight.
- Altitude: although when jumping, it is always convenient that the jump is not just enough for the rope to pass, the truth is that it is not beneficial that the jump is excessively high because it will slow down the speed, in addition to damaging the knees.
- Pace: to burn more calories jumping rope, you also have to vary the rate, alternating between a slower jump speed and a faster one because this will speed up your metabolism more.
- Style: Style variation is also significant. The most effective way to burn more calories jumping rope is to jump with one foot first and then with both feet, jump back with the opposite foot, and so on. Also, jumping rope while running is handy.
Do you Burn More Calories Jumping Rope or Running?
When it comes to talking about how many calories you burn the jumping rope, there are always comparisons with other sports that do not require any apparatus or installation, such as running.
Also read: How to Start in the Gym-Tips for Beginners.
And the truth is that the rope beats running about how many calories you burn jumping rope. In general, it at 10 minutes of rope jumping is equivalent to running for 30 minutes, taking into account that you have to do two jumps per second and practice running at an average pace. Also, always, before doing any exercise, it is advisable to consult an expert.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff