Shrimp is a quick and easy protein-rich snack. Shrimp contains many healthy nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, selenium, and antioxidants that boost immunity. Also, shrimp prevents heart problems, Alzheimer’s, and even cancer.
How to peel and serve shrimp
Peeling and eating shrimp is one of the simplest and, at the same time, wonderful pleasures that the sea gives us. You need to peel the shrimp from the shell and dip it in the sauce. You can sprinkle them with a little lemon juice. But before eating shrimp, you need to cook it. The process is as simple as eating shrimp.
Most often, shrimp are sold ready-to-eat, and all you have to do is peel and eat them. But some people still prefer to boil a little more shrimp bought in the store. If you decide to boil shrimp, then do not remove the shell. It will give them more flavor. When the shrimp is ready to eat, flip them upside down. Use your fingers to press the shrimp into the head area and remove the shell from it.
Try to keep the shrimp’s tail intact, as it can be used to decorate the dish. As each shrimp is peeled, place it on a platter. Do not just put them in a pile, but carefully place them on a plate to place a space in the center where you put the container with the sauce.
After you’ve peeled all the shrimp and laid them out on a platter, cut the lemon and drizzle the lemon juice over the shrimp. You can also garnish the dish with lemon wedges around the edges. They will serve not only for decoration but also give extra juice to those who like it. Then place a saucepan in the middle of the dish. Now you can enjoy the delicious taste of the shrimp. Some people like to pour shrimp sauce into a champagne glass. The shrimps need to be placed along the glass’s edges in five or six pieces; then, everyone will have their own shrimp cocktail.
You can also make shrimp salad. To do this, fry four large bacon pieces in a pan, then add the peeled shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for five minutes until the shrimp turn opaque. Then place the shrimp and bacon mixture on a plate, adding a jar of canned white beans, which will add even more protein to your meal. Mix everything well and serve with fresh spinach or arugula, sprinkling lightly with balsamic vinegar on the salad.
You can also use shrimp to make burritos. To do this, sprinkle the ready-to-eat shrimp with lemon or lime juice and wrap them in a whole grain tortilla, along with peppers, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and corn. And if you want to surprise your family with an original pasta, then moisten the shrimp with olive oil and salt and place them in the oven for six minutes. Serve the cooked shrimp on a plate of pasta.
How to eat shrimp
If you were served shrimp at a restaurant or a party, remember some rules of how to eat them correctly.
- You can eat a shrimp cocktail with an oyster fork, although if you don’t have one, any small fork will do. If the shrimp is large and you do not eat it in one go, take each shrimp with a fork and cut it on the plate on which the shrimps were served.
- If shrimp is served as a main course, you need to eat it with a knife and fork.
- If the shrimp sauce was served in a separate container, then you can dip the shrimp there only if this sauce was served to you personally and not to everyone at the table. If the sauce was served to everyone, then scoop up some sauce with a spoon and put it on your plate, and then dip the shrimp in it.
- Some dishes serve shrimp unpeeled. In this case, you will need to peel the shrimp yourself and put the shells on a specially served plate.
- If the shrimp is served as a snack, you can eat it with your hands. Take the shrimp by the tail and dip it in the sauce. The main thing is that you do not dip the same shrimp in the sauce twice.
- Shrimp in garlic sauce is usually served with light red wine, such as Merlot. Sauvignon will be appropriate for fried shrimps or grilled shrimps.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle