Your hair must be taken care of carefully; when it begins to wear out and you notice that the ends go to fray, especially if you have long hair, it is good to take action. You do not have the opportunity to go to the hairdresser, but you want to resolve the problem before totally wearing our beloved hair. Do you want to have healthy and perfect hair? Keep reading.
In general, when you comb your hair, you must not break it, thus creating many split ends. It is also good to use specific products such as shampoo and conditioner that nourish the hair and protect its surface, thus preventing the formation of split ends.
If you decide to proceed with DIY cutting split ends, here are the tips and steps to shorten them.
Read also: Nail Polish: How To Make It Dry Faster
1. Arm yourself with a sharp pair of professional scissors.
2. Look closely at the tips if they are worn and worth cutting.
3. If you have wavy and curly hair, smooth it with a hairdryer or plate according to the curl type before proceeding.
4. Wash and dry your hair well.
5. Comb your hair well with a wide-toothed comb eliminating any knots.
6. Divide the hair into sections that are not too thick.
7. Start working in the area near the face and gradually cut the locks until you reach the other side of the face.
8. Roll each section on itself before cutting to highlight split ends.
9. Focus your gaze on the tips that are not in line with the lock and are divided in half, which will be the ones to be cut
10. Using scissors, cut the tips by half a centimeter, being careful not to miss any.
11. To ensure that all split ends are removed, twist the section in reverse and repeat the same operation for all hair.
12. Secure each cut strand on the head with a nozzle to confuse them with the strands not yet worked.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff