These homemade tricks for curly hair are an excellent option to define your curls and keep them controlled. This article provides instructions on making six homemade curl-defining creams so that your hair looks shiny, healthy, and abundant. Don’t miss a thing!
Mask with Yogurt
In this mask, composed of yogurt, honey, and oil, each ingredient contributes to achieving beautiful and defined curls. Honey adds shine and softness, which makes hair more manageable and easy to comb. The oil has nourishing properties that help hydrate the hair deeply, and the moisturizing properties of yogurt manage to maintain its natural moisture, preventing dryness of the scalp.
For all these reasons, the yogurt mask is perfect for keeping hair in good condition, manageable, and with defined curls. Take advantage of all the products for naturally curly hair in this recipe and incorporate it into your beauty routine as soon as possible.
- A Greek or natural yogurt.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Its preparation is effortless. You have to pour all the ingredients into a container and mix until you get a paste with a homogeneous texture.
- Detangles hair.
- With dry hair, apply the yogurt mask from medium to end.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap, so you don’t stain your clothes.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes.
- After the exposure time, rinse and wash with your usual shampoo.
In this case, we will talk about a homemade gel for curls that you can use as a cream to define curls. Flax seeds have a high content of vitamin B, so they provide great hydration and softness to curly hair.
- 20 g of flaxseeds (about two tablespoons).
- 200 ml of water.
To prepare the flax seeds for your curls, follow these steps:
- Pour the water into a pot.
- Add the flaxseeds and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Stir constantly until you notice that the mixture is acquiring a jelly-like texture.
- Once you have achieved the texture, pour the contents of the pot into a strainer to filter the water, and you will have your flaxseed gel ready to use.
- Wash your hair with your regular curly hair shampoo.
- Detangle with a wide-toothed comb.
- Apply the homemade gel in the area from the middle to the ends or in the areas you want a greater definition. You can apply it with your hands as if it were a foam or styling gel. We recommend not using a lot of product at once. It is better to add as needed so as not to weigh down the hair.
- Let it dry, and that’s it.
If you want to intensify the properties of flaxseed gel and make a homemade cream to define curls in afro hair, you can add the gel to your usual conditioner and add two teaspoons of olive oil.
The egg has a high fat and protein content, so it is a great ally when maintaining the natural moisture of the scalp and hair fibers. In addition to this, the oily components of mayonnaise and oil remove dryness from the scalp and strengthen the hair, nourishing it all the way from the roots to the ends. For all these reasons, this mask is one of our favorite homemade tricks for defined curls. It is ideal for curly hair that suffers from dryness and split ends, giving the curl a defined look.
- 1 egg.
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
To prepare it, you have to beat the egg in a bowl and add the oil and mayonnaise. Mix the ingredients consistently until they are fully incorporated.
- Wash the hair with your curly hair shampoo.
- Apply the mask through the hair with particular emphasis on the middle and ends.
- Comb the hair with a separate barbed comb.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse until all the product is removed from the hair.
Cream with Essential Oils
Curly hair sometimes has an uncontrolled appearance with a low definition in the curl and a dry appearance. This homemade mask that combines natural oils for curly hair with olive oil will provide hydration, control dryness, and give greater control and definition of the curl to your hair.
- 20 g of coconut oil.
- 20 g of jojoba oil.
- 20 g of virgin olive oil.
To prepare this oil to define curls, you just have to place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Detangles hair.
- With dry hair, take a little product and apply it from the middle to the ends, focusing on the most damaged areas.
- This mask does not need rinsing because it is a mixture of oils that nourish and repair the hair. It also does not add oil to the hair, since the damaged parts will absorb the product. In case you notice an oily appearance or sensation, you can rinse after at least 20 minutes of exposure.
Cream with Avocado
This curl styling cream, made with avocado as the main ingredient, is used primarily to hydrate hair and reduce frizz in curly hair—fatty acids contained in this cream act curls in curly hair moisturizing and revitalizing manes with frizz.
Also read: Benefits of Avocado That You Didn’t Know
- 15 gr of mayonnaise.
- 15 grams of rosehip oil.
- 30 grams of avocado oil (if you don’t have it, you can substitute it for natural avocado)
To prepare this cream or mask for frizzy, curly hair, all of the ingredients must be placed in a container and mixed with a blender or by hand until you get a paste with a creamy texture similar to that of a hair mask.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Wipe off excess moisture with a towel.
- Apply the avocado cream from medium to end.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water.
Aloe Vera and Yogurt Mask
This mask is an excellent home remedy to repair damage to curly hair and control curl.
The contribution of nutrients that aloe vera or aloe vera provides to the hair, thanks to its vitamin, amino acid, and mineral content, helps nourish curly hair, repairs damage, and is an excellent curl activator.
- Half natural yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera.
Its preparation is straightforward. You have to put all the ingredients in a whisk and blend until you get a homogeneous paste.
- After washing your hair, wipe off excess moisture with a towel.
- Take a portion of cream in your hands and apply all over the hair, impregnating the curls well.
- Leave on for 30 minutes.
- After the exposure time, rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Comb the hair with a wide, spaced comb.
Adopted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff