Often and willingly, thanks to the little time that the modern woman has available every day, the house becomes an accumulation of stuff. Drawers, wardrobes, closets, and the shelves themselves are filled with items of clothing and objects that we could easily do without but which, out of sacrosanct laziness or pure sentimentality, we cannot throw away.
Instead, periodic decluttering, eliminating the superfluous, is essential for many reasons. The first is that if you don’t get rid of what you no longer use, you will hardly have all the space you need for the new. Another practical reason is that the more stuff you accumulate, the more difficult it will be for you to manage it.
Read also: Closet Decluttering: How To Do It Without Wasting Time
Finally, let us talk about the hygienic aspect. A house free of the surplus is also much easier to clean, so making room also saves time on housework and health.
For perfect decluttering, follow these 5 golden rules that help you select what we will keep and what we will get rid of.
1) Schedule the work for long periods of time, for example, in a week.
2) Empty wardrobes and drawers to have everything under your eyes.
3) Divide your belongings into multiple groups (for example, keep, throw, give, recycle, and sell).
Also read: Spring Cleaning: 5 Rules To Do Everything Without Stress
4) If it seems difficult to decide what to eliminate, let’s always ask ourselves if what we have before us really serves us.
5) Intelligently store the things you keep to make the most of them.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff