9 Household Products that Can Become Toxic if Not Used Correctly

ADVERTISEMENT

We use items at home without knowing that they can bring health hazards if we don’t use them correctly. We use daily can prove to be harmful to us, such as air fresheners and aluminum foil.

Therefore, it is important to know its harm and how to properly use these products that help in the practicality of home care, but which can also be dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sinks and ovens cleaning products

These products are made to remove subjects and obstructions, but they can be dangerous to your health. Oven cleaners contain corrosive alkalis, causing burns and respiratory problems if they are inhaled or spilled on the skin.

Sink cleaners also present health risks if inhaled, ingested, or come into contact with the eyes and can cause poisoning as they contain sulfur trioxide and sulfuric acid.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

 Non-stick cookware

Read also: Household Products to Clean Your Laptop Screen

This type of pot makes cleaning much more practical, but it can bring serious health problems. Since they are coated with poly-fluoroalkyl chemicals (PFAS), non-stick cookware can release gases and toxic chemicals when heated, and this chemical can be inserted in food.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Air purifiers and deodorizers

These sprays can cause health problems, such as migraines and breathing problems.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Naphthalene

Naphthalene balls are convenient for keeping your clothes cool and protected from insects, but they also have health hazards. As they contain naphthalene, they can cause damage to your red blood cells. Inhalation of naphthalene can even cause liver complications.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Laser printers

According to studies, laser printers can release particles into the air, similar to cigarette smoke. Since the particles are tiny, they can cause health problems when inhaled by people. It is recommended to leave the room when doing a large print job and opening the windows.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Batteries

We all have batteries at home, but they can be dangerous if misused. This is because many are made with sulfuric acid, which is harmful to the skin to leak.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Bleach

Bleach can cause burns, blindness, and breathing problems. Also, it can be associated with asthma symptoms during cleaning. Mixing bleach with other cleaning products can be very harmful as it can cause a chemical reaction with dangerous vapors and gases, such as chlorine gas.

Aluminum foil

Also read: How to Clean an LCD Screen

Such a practical and useful item can cause health hazards since aluminum particles can be transferred to food. According to one study, especially when you cook your food wrapped in aluminum foil, you may be consuming higher alum levels than recommended, which is linked to the cause and worsening of illnesses, such as Crohn’s disease.

Image source: Reproduction/Internet

Plastic pots

Plastic pots are useful for taking lunch to work. However, heating plastic pots in the microwave can increase the risk of ingesting Bisphenol A (BPA), connected to serious health effects, such as cancer, infertility, diabetes, and obesity.

Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff

Sources: Tudointeressante

ADVERTISEMENT