Coffee is delicious, and for many, it is a kind of comfort food and an important excuse for socializing. However, if you have noticed that you consume too much (more than two cups a day), you absolutely need to cut back on caffeine.
The coffee should be drunk sparingly because caffeine can have numerous effects on your body, not always pleasant to health. Do you know them? Let’s see together why it is important to consume a little less.
Read also: How To Grow The Beefsteak Tomato: 12 Useful Tips
1. Less anxiety. Caffeine comes with a burst of energy, which is what most of us use it for. However, that energy also stimulates our “fight or flight” hormones. This can cause increased anxiety, nervousness, heart palpitations, and even panic attacks.
2. You can sleep better. Your caffeine habit could affect your sleep. Studies show that daily coffee intake can alter the sleep cycle, causing restless sleep and daytime sleepiness.
3. Healthier (and whiter!) Teeth: Coffee and tea can stain your teeth. This is due to the high level of tannins present in these drinks, which cause buildup and discoloration of the teeth.
4. Lower your blood pressure. Caffeine has been shown to raise blood pressure levels due to the stimulating effect on the nervous system.
Also read: How To Reuse Tea Bags
5. Less headache. One of the most common and unpleasant side effects of caffeine withdrawal is a headache. And it may not take a few days for one to show up.
6. Healthy digestion. Caffeine intake can lead to several unpleasant digestive problems. Coffee creates a laxative effect, causing diarrhea or loose stools. Also, it can also promote gastroesophageal reflux.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff