Pomegranate is a delicious and healthy fruit. Its culinary uses are quite wide, from drinks to soups, from canning to desserts. Many people love pomegranates, but they rarely eat them because removing the grains from the tough rind is a long and not very inconvenient process. At the same time, there is an easy way to quickly and efficiently open a pomegranate. To do this, you will need a knife, a towel, and a bowl of water.
Read also: Life Hack: How To Peel And Cut An Avocado
- Wash the fruit and pat dry with a towel.
- Take a sharp knife and carefully make cuts on the skin while trying not to touch the grains not to lose juice.
- Take a deep bowl, pour cold water into it and dip the pomegranate there. Leave the pomegranate in the water for 10-15 minutes. Fruit soaked in water will be much easier to peel.
Also read: Life Hack: How To Open A Coconut In The Oven
- Immerse your hands in the liquid and start cutting the pomegranate into pieces right in the water. You should get separate slices.
- Peel the wedges from the film and free the grains without removing them from the water. After you are done, do not remove the beans for another two to three minutes. Everything superfluous (white films and peel) will float to the water’s surface, and the pomegranate seeds will sink to the bottom.
- Remove debris and drain water. Rinse the beans again and transfer to a plate. Done!
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle