The glutes are the muscles that connect the back to the back of the legs and, also, one of the parts of the body that most people work hard at in the gym. However, it is also true that it is one of the most difficult muscles to train since it is not easy to hypertrophy them to make them grow and stand out attractively.
However, there are some specific exercises that can help you tone this muscle group, and that, besides, can be adapted to the capacity of each person. In this article, we will reveal to you 10 foolproof tricks on how to enhance your buttocks with exercises, without training, and how to enhance your buttocks quickly. Take note and charge your batteries!
Exercises to Increase Glutes
The buttocks, like any other muscle in the body, can be exercised to increase in size and have more elasticity and resistance. If you have already tried to increase the size of your buttocks or improve their appearance, you may have realized that it is one of the most complicated muscles to work and redefine; however, that does not mean that it is impossible. There are some ideal exercises to strengthen, tone, and enlarge this part of the body and other parts such as the legs or hips.
- Hip lift or bridge
- Climb stairs two at a time
- Glute kick
- Donkey kick
- Fire hydrant
Next, we explain in detail how you can perform each of these exercises so that you increase your glutes quickly.
Hip Lift or Bridge
One of the main exercises to work these muscles and increase the glutes is the hip lift. To perform this exercise, you have to follow these steps.
- Lie on the floor on your back and with your legs bent. Use a mat or mat, so you don’t hurt your back.
- Make sure the soles of your feet and your back are flat on the floor. The legs must remain bent at all times.
- From this position, perform hip lifts repeatedly. You need to strain your glutes when lifting for the exercise to work.
- The final position should be with the soles of the feet supported as at the beginning of the exercise but with the back diagonally to the ground.
If you want to carry out a more demanding version of the exercise, you can do it with one of your legs stretched out and suspended in the air. In this case, you will have to do the repetitions first with the glute of the bent leg, and then switch legs and repeat with the opposite glute.
Climb Stairs Two at a Time
One of the best exercises to work your gluteal muscles is as simple as climbing stairs. However, it is essential to do it in two steps when the gluteal muscles work and increase. With this exercise, you will be able to improve the stretching of the gluteus, and you will get more excellent work out of each of the muscle fibers.
If you want to bet on a more challenging version and that its effects are more noticeable, it will be enough to increase the weight you lift with each step climbed. In this sense, it is best to climb the stairs two at a time with some value, either dumbbells in your hands or, more simply, shopping bags.
Squats to Increase Glutes
Squats are a classic of practically every exercise routine out there. This is because they are a perfect exercise both to lose weight and to strengthen and tone areas of the body such as the buttocks, legs, and hips. It is also one of the most complex exercises to do correctly since many people make postural errors. If you want to do squats to increase your glutes correctly, do the following:
- Place your feet at the same shoulder distance.
- Lower yourself slowly, keeping in mind that the goal of the exercise is not to bend your knees but to sit up.
- When you do, push your abdomen.
- As you come down, roll your body back until your body weight is on your heels.
- Open your shoulders wide and look forward to avoiding bending your back, as it is one of the most common mistakes and can damage the muscles of your torso.
- Get up little by little with your feet flat on the ground and squeeze your glutes to make one last effort.
When you’ve finished the last step, repeat the exercise and do 5 sets of 10 reps each. As you get more comfortable with the exercises, you can build up to more than 50 squats a day.
Lunges for glutes
The glute lunges are a pivotal step to increasing these muscles and showing off a firmer butt. Also called lunge or lunge, this exercise is considered one of the most tiring but, without a doubt, gives the best results in less time. To achieve big and firm glutes in record time, stride like this:
- Standing in an entirely straight posture, press with your abdomen. This pressure will help you stay straight throughout the exercise. If you don’t know what to do with your hands, leave them resting on your hip.
- Slowly lower yourself as you step forward with your right leg. Remember that you must keep your torso straight and that the leg you bend must be at the knee.
- Your back knee should come down until it hits the ground, but be careful not to hit yourself too hard.
- To return to the starting position, push your back foot up, and slowly come up.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
If you want to work other muscles with your strides and add a bit of difficulty, you can hold some dumbbells while you do them, but don’t let them prevent you from maintaining proper posture. If you have never seriously done this exercise, you can start with 12 or 14 strides on each side.
Glute Kick or Leg Raise
Do you know how to perform the glute kick correctly? As the name implies, this exercise is ideal for working in the rear area. However, it is also one of those exercises where people make mistakes by going too fast. Take a mat or mat and follow these directions.
- Lean on the mat on your hands and knees. If you want to complicate the exercise a bit more, you can also lean on your elbows.
- Make sure your back is straight, and the posture is comfortable for you.
- Without curving your back, stretch your right leg back and slowly begin to raise and lower it. You have probably seen modifications of this exercise in which the leg must be flexed before stretching, but for this glute kick, you must keep your leg straight at all times, as we will not flex it until the next exercise.
- You must perform the exercise slowly to control the tension of the muscles and to force the part of the gluteus, which is the one you want to modify.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
If you want to raise the level and see the results more quickly, you can add elastic bands to your exercise to make the movement of the straight leg more difficult.
Donkey Kick for Glutes
The name of the exercise comes from the literal translation of English Donkey Kick. As you will see below, it is very similar to the previous exercise, but this time you will have to bend your knee slowly before making an effort. With this variation, you will work the most difficult muscles with more intensity, and you will notice the improvements in less time:
- Assume the same position in which you started the previous exercise.
- With both legs bent, raise the first one you want to work on and hold it in the air for a few seconds. The position of the leg has to be 90º, and you must force your buttocks at all times.
- Slowly return your knee to the ground but do not support it. Direct it towards your chest (still flexed) as if to gain momentum and, little by little, raise it backward.
- Do 15 reps of 3 sets, then do the same with the other leg.
Fire Hydrant for Buttocks
We want to finish this selection with strength and energy, which is why we cannot stop mentioning fire hydrants. Considered one of the best glute exercises, this movement is also great for losing weight and improving endurance. So without further ado, prepare your mat and take a breath.
- As you did in the previous exercises, get down on all fours.
- Support yourself well with your hands and knees and keep your back straight at all times.
- Choose which leg you want to start with and raise it little by little and laterally up to the height of the hip, as in the photo below.
- Hold the position for three seconds so that the effort is more effective and your glutes work.
- Slowly lower your leg in the same position as when you raised it.
- Do 20 reps of two sets, then switch legs. As you progress with your routine, you can add one or two more sets.
This exercise is very tiring, so don’t worry if your butt and hip muscles are slightly sore. You will soon notice the difference!
How to Increase the Glutes Without Exercise
You must bear in mind that you can only increase the buttocks by increasing fat, which implies an increase in the volume of the whole body in general. The only natural (and healthy) way to increase only the buttocks without increasing the volume of the entire body is through the practice of exercise that develops these muscles and burns the fat that we do not want. However, you can consider the following options to increase your glutes without exercise:
Foods to Make buttocks Bigger
Unfortunately, there is no specific diet to increase your glutes quickly. However, if your ultimate goal is to grow and redefine this part of the body, you can take into account a series of nutritional factors that will help you:
First of all, you should know that the buttocks are an area of the body that tends to store fat, just like the abdominal area. Consequently, a hypocaloric diet (low in calorie intake) will make us lose the fat stored in the body, including that of the buttocks, so its volume will be reduced. In this way, if you want to increase the size of your buttocks, you must eat calories that make you fat and enlarge this part of your body.
- Lean meat
However, you must understand that the whole body will get fat since the distribution of fat is not done only in a specific area.
Second, keep in mind that the distribution of fat in the body varies from one person to another. This means that some people, by the simple fact of having a particular constitution, have more voluminous buttocks than other people, as they will store more fat in that part of the body.
Once you have this clear, you should know that the exercises that we have proposed previously will be essential for you to eliminate fat in some areas and muscle in others to grow the buttocks quickly.
Creams to Make Buttocks Bigger
While it is true that nothing will be as effective and fast as exercising and eating a proper and balanced diet, some creams can help you enhance your buttocks. They are creams that often have natural ingredients with properties that stimulate cells under the skin to increase fat and grow muscle. Most of these creams contain volufiline, a cosmetic ingredient used in various ointments to reshape parts of the body.
However, you must bear in mind that specialists assure that these creams are a complement, not a solution. If you exercise and eat a balanced diet, these creams can help you see significant results in less time, but, by themselves, they will not increase your buttocks.
Buttock Augmentation Surgery
The only alternative option to exercise that allows the augmentation of a specific body (including the buttocks) quickly is surgery. However, and as with all surgical interventions, you must bear in mind that it is an operation that is not without risks. This operation also does not comply with any functional aspect in the body, so it is important not to underestimate this process and to be well informed before making a decision.
In any case, if you finally value this option and want to bet on it, you should always put yourself in the hands of professional doctors and duly qualified personnel.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff