Many times we tend to abuse makeup when we go out, at celebrations, important events, leisure spaces, and even at work. Sometimes we even come to believe that if we do not use makeup, our beauty (and self-esteem) will end up on the floor, without realizing that the abuse of these products can be very harmful to our face.
Did you know that it is possible to have a completely natural beautiful face without the need to use makeup? In this article, we show you how to look pretty without makeup with some tips that will help you have a healthy and beautiful face. Let your face breathe!
Exfoliate the Skin
To know how to be more beautiful and make your skin glow, it is important to exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and restore its natural glow :
- Cleanses the skin of the face to remove traces of dirt. Use a cleansing gel that suits your skin type and, if you don’t know what yours is, find out here: How to know my skin type.
- Spread the exfoliating product while your face is still damp and massage the face in continuous circles to promote circulation.
- Rinse yourself with plenty of cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer after exfoliating.
- Exfoliate the skin on your face about once a week. Don’t do it every day, as it could irritate your skin and make its appearance worse. You can buy scrubs in beauty stores, but you can also make yours at home.
Also read: How to Wax with Honey
Hydrate your Face
The skin hydration is very important for you to look nice and stay young and fresh, as it will make this breath properly. To do this, use your usual moisturizer, which you can accompany with a moisturizing facial serum. Apply both in the morning and at night and you will help your skin retain moisture and stay glowing.
Also, always remember to drink at least two liters of water a day so that your skin reaches an adequate level of hydration.
Take Care of Your Smile
One of the most important aspects to take into account in order to have a healthy face is our teeth. Going to the dentist regularly to take care of our smile is a guarantee.
The sun is responsible for many of the spots that appear on the face and skin with age. These make the face look aged and tired, so avoiding them will be key to looking healthy and beautiful without having to hide them with makeup.
To do this, you can use beauty treatments to reduce blemishes on the face, but the most important thing is that you use sunscreen every day, even on rainy days, and even when you do not leave the house.
Some sunscreens are also hydrating and tinted, so you can use them as a daytime moisturizing facial cream and as a base to even out the tone of your face.
Take Care of Eye Contour
Over time, dark circles become more and more visible and irremediable. However, we can hide them without using makeup only with the help of some cream for the eye contour :
- Apply a small amount of cream to clean face.
- Make small taps around the eye contour and from the outside in.
- Dab gently on the eyelids following the same procedure.
- Massage gently until the cream is fully integrated into the skin.
On many occasions, the marked appearance of dark circles is due to a lack of hydration in the area, so keeping the skin hydrated will also help reduce its appearance. In addition, we recommend that you avoid touching the skin around the eyes too much, as it is thinner and wrinkles more easily.
Get Enough Sleep
It is well known that a bad sleep habit has a direct relationship with the appearance of our face, so it is ideal to be able to sleep between seven and eight hours a day to maintain healthy skin and mind.
Remember that, starting at midnight, our body produces melatonin, a hormone that helps us fall asleep and is a source of beauty that is lost with age. If you have problems sleeping, you can always use an infusion to help you relax and make it easier for you to sleep.
Use Essential Oils for Lashes
Curly lashes with great volume are a great symbol of beauty. However, when we put on makeup we usually use mascara, a product that over time can be very harmful to our eyelashes. We suggest using coconut oil for your eyelashes, as it has antioxidant properties and essential minerals that help maintain the volume of your eyelashes without the need for makeup.
- Apply a little oil on your lashes at night.
- Leave it to act without rinsing.
- Wash your face as you normally would in the morning.
- Apply it every night to notice its effects.
Other than coconut oil, you can also use olive oil
Use Face Toner
If you want to show off healthy, shiny skin without makeup, the toner cannot be missing from your toiletry bag. The toner restores the pH of the skin and removes oil from the face. To apply it correctly in a beauty routine, follow these steps:
- Wash your face well before applying toner.
- Spread it over the skin and massage gently. You can use a cotton pad.
- Apply a moisturizer or any other facial treatment such as serums.
Show off Healthy Hair
Keep your hair clean and hydrated. To do this, you can make use of natural shampoos or essential oils, since the abuse of conventional products can damage it.
- A toupee hairstyle is ideal for showing off shiny hair at celebrations.
- For informal occasions, you can always use a bun with loose hair or semi-collected hair with the help of a braid.
- If you have a small face, you can pick up a ponytail or make braids as they will help to highlight it.
- If you have long, wavy hair, you can let your hair down and make it look shiny and hydrated.
Keep Your Lips Hydrated
Many times we make the mistake of neglecting our lips and this makes them look ugly and dry in the absence of makeup. To hydrate them, simply spread natural Vaseline as many times as necessary a day to prevent them from peeling.
From time to time you can also exfoliate your lips with the help of a toothbrush to get more softness. Some natural exfoliants for the lips are sugar and coffee. Find out more in our article How to exfoliate lips at home.
Define your Brows
Like eyelashes, eyebrows are essential to show off a beautiful face without makeup. It is important that you remove with the help of tweezers all those hairs that protrude from the eyebrows and give a constant review of the shape
Also read: Eyebrow Growth Hacks – Learn More
Eat a balanced diet
Lastly, good diet benefits not only the internal health of your body but also the external appearance of your body. Eating healthy means that your skin is receiving the necessary vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate cells, in addition to staying hydrated, young, and strong.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff