Young, very young sprouts of sprouted wheat – this superfood was talked about several years ago. The reason is the emergence of this kind of information; Hollywood stars began to drink wiregrass, or wheatgrass juice, for preventive and healing purposes.
The topic is interesting and worth reading in more detail. Yana Legeza – nutritionist, member of the Association for Preventive and Anti-age Medicine – will help us.
Today, you will learn about the benefits of wheat germ or juice from it. It is even sold in stores. But has everyone tried it? Who has not yet had time, we will prepare you. Let’s start with the nutrients that it contains.
Vitamin and mineral composition of wheat germ
- Vitamins: B3, B9, B6, B5, B2, B1, C, E
- Minerals: manganese, selenium, zinc, copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium
Features and rules of application
The juice has a rather pungent smell of mowed grass and a rich sweetish taste. It can cause nausea and vomiting, especially in children.
It is recommended to take it on an empty stomach to absorb all nutrients better, but literally from five milliliters and diluted with water 1: 1. Daily, you can gradually increase the dose to 30 ml per day. No longer worth it, as the first intake can cause stomach upset and increased gas production.
If you still did not manage to get used to the taste, but you want to saturate the body with this elixir of health – eat the sprouts themselves, with or without grain; it’s much easier. We accept 1 tbsp—l per day on an empty stomach.
Why include wheat germ in your diet?
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves digestion
- Helps to increase hemoglobin
- Helps cleanse the skin from eczema
- Increases performance and improves sleep
- Restores visual acuity
- Improves hair color and density
- Purifies the blood
- Effective in the fight against excess weight
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Removes toxins and supports liver function
Who shouldn’t take it?
Since wheat germ is a very bioactive product, it also has contraindications.
- Stomach ulcer and any gastrointestinal disorders
- Disruption of the endocrine system. Since the seedlings contain proteins that are unfriendly to our body – lectins that can cause disturbances in the functioning of the endocrine glands
- If you have an intolerance to gluten, a special vegetable protein, which is abundant in wheat grains
- Children under 12 years old
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle