To obtain optimal positioning on the Internet, especially on Google, it is necessary to be clear about the meaning of some fundamental concepts, as in the case of SEO and SEM.
If you want your brand or your company’s image to have notoriety, it is essential to acquire a good position on the Internet when doing a specific search. In this article, we will explain what SEO is in marketing and essential techniques to help you get good SEO positioning.
What is SEO in Marketing? And Why is it Used?
Many people wonder what SEO in marketing is and do not know where this abbreviation comes from. The meaning of SEO is Search Engine Optimization, which in Spanish means “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimization.” It is a technique that uses several effective methods to optimize a website on the Internet.
Read also: How to Position Your Business in Google with an SEO Agency
The idea is to improve your position in different search engines as part of the Inbound Marketing strategy, consisting of attracting, involving, and retaining customers.
Therefore, SEO’s final objective is to make a business page appear in the first results of a search to increase its number of visits and promote its product in the market it is targeting.
Main Differences Between SEO and SEM
Before getting fully into the question, it is convenient to distinguish between SEO and SEM, two similar concepts, but seek optimization in search engines differently.
- SEO creates an optimal long-term traffic channel. To do this, it uses different strategies that serve to attract users and convert them into leads.
- For its part, the SEM tries to position the web through paid search engine ads.
Currently, there are many search engines, although Google is the most used. For this reason, when talking about SEO, almost everyone refers to the positioning of a website in Google.
Advantages of Professional SEO
The advantages of SEO in the world of marketing are many. From here, we show you the most important ones:
- Multiply the visibility of a company or store through visits: the goal is to increase its possibilities for growth, using efficient and agile tools to achieve it.
- Reinforce the inbound marketing strategy: to start this process, SEO techniques are very effective. With them, we will attract a multitude of visitors to our website, converting them into leads and potential clients.
- Long-term investment: these techniques require patience, effort, and time, as most results will begin to pay off in the medium-long term. Once we have managed to position our website, the number of visits will be constant and without additional cost.
- Improve the web content: positioning techniques will lead you to improve the quality of the published content and offer a more pleasant user experience.
- Encourage the trust and credibility of a brand or company: Google is responsible for distinguishing the most powerful pages, those with the highest quality. For this reason, users tend to trust more websites that appear among the first results of a search.
Basic Techniques that will Improve Web Positioning
The world of SEO positioning may be confusing for you, but you have a series of basic tools that will help you strengthen your company within an inbound marketing strategy.
Also read: How to Use Social Media to Find a Job
- Selecting keywords is very important: a great SEO strategy has to analyze the right keywords and know how to use them correctly so that Google can locate them without problems.
- Tune-up the web: sometimes, the loading times are disproportionate or that the web pages fall repeatedly. When positioning a website in a search engine, it is convenient to optimize the website in a technical sense.
- The links or URLs of the web pages are key in positioning: it is best to keep them short, simple, and include keywords.
- Create quality content that is useful to users: search engines opt for pages with practical, original, and updated content. Uploading useful and interesting content regularly will help you improve SEO.
- The descriptions, headers, and titles are also important: each article or page you write has to have further keywords include a descriptive title. Optimized headings and descriptions are also a good idea, as these will appear in search engine results.
- The link building comprises a series of techniques that generate links from other places to go to our page. The objective is to find quality sites from which to generate these links. Of course, we must take care of certain important details, such as the text that we will include as part of the link and the type of relationship generated with our page (follow or no-follow links).
These techniques will reinforce your inbound marketing strategy, although, as we have already mentioned, the results are medium or long term. Optimize the results of your positioning and attract more traffic to your website as soon as possible!
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff