Nobody likes to wash dishes. It is a fact. However, there are 10 ways to quicken the procedure while also making it a little more pleasant. Read on to find out.
1. Use the rule of one soapy sponge
When a whole mountain of dishes accumulates in the kitchen, it seems that cleaning it of grease and dirt is a real feat. Try to make it easier for yourself with the one soapy sponge rule; Wash the dishes until the sponge lathers. When the product runs out on it, take a break and do something else. The secret is that the procedure, divided into several small stages, is psychologically much easier to perform.
2. Get some nice dishwashing accessories
Dishwashing is hardly the most interesting task. But working with an ugly old sponge, a product with an unpleasant chemical odor and an unattractive environment is even less desirable. It is enough to surround yourself with beautiful accessories; soap in your preferred scent, a unique dispenser, or adorable brushes, and the prospect of washing dishes will no longer seem so daunting.
3. And buy a pair of rubber gloves
Stop pretending to be Cinderella. Buy rubber gloves that will keep your hands dry, protect them from the harmful effects of chemicals and possible damage during dishwashing. You can definitely afford this luxury.
4. Save detergent
Instead of squeezing the product directly onto a sponge, try putting a little bit in a bowl of water to dissolve it and wet the sponge in it. This will significantly reduce the consumption of detergent. Also, dishes that have not come into contact with raw meat, eggs, or butter don’t require soapy washing. Rinsing is often enough.
5. Use life hacks to remove complex dirt
Burnt food at the bottom of a pot or pan is a nightmare for any dishwasher. Here are some tips to help you clean up dirt easier and faster.
- Place empty, dirty dishes on the stove and select the highest temperature. After a while, drip water into the container. If a drop hisses and instantly evaporates, feel free to fill it with a whole glass of water at room temperature. As soon as the steam dissipates, rub off the dirt mercilessly with a wooden spatula.
- Fill the dishes with water, add the detergent to them and boil for 10–20 minutes. After half an hour, when everything has cooled down, start cleaning the contaminated surface.
6. Don’t litter the sink
We’ve all come across a situation where one dirty plate in the sink turns into a fetid pile of dishes. Of course, it is not always possible to wash everything and immediately to use the following technique. When you have a first and deep enough candidate for cleaning (for example, a saucepan or large bowl), fill it with hot water and detergent, put it next to the sink (not in!) And put other dirty dishes in it.
First, you keep the sink empty, and secondly, prepare the dishes for express cleaning. Soaked in hot water, it will wash off faster, you will be less tempted to leave it for later, and the kitchen is unlikely to turn into Augean stables.
7. Don’t wash everything in the dishwasher
Despite the fact that you are the happy owner of a dishwasher, you still cannot traditionally avoid washing dishes. At least if you do not want to damage kitchen utensils and expensive equipment.
The following items aren’t appropriate for the dishwasher:
- Cast iron products. They require more thorough and caring care.
- Good knives. They will become dull faster if you wash them in the car, and not by hand.
- Crystal. May crack or scratch.
- Wooden crafts. May deform.
- Non-stick cookware. It all depends on the brand: some models can be washed in a dishwasher, others not. If you don’t know for sure, it’s best to use good old hands. Otherwise, your pans risk losing their professional suitability.
- Copper cookware. May change color.
- Plastic. An exception is made of hard plastic products, on which the manufacturer has indicated that they can be washed in a machine.
- Gilded dishes. The machine can spoil the noble finish.
- Dishes with labels. High temperatures can come loose and clog the dishwasher.
8. Empty the dryer and dishwasher on time
You want to wash dirty dishes even less if you need to perform an additional operation before removing the previous batch. Therefore, before preparing dinner, make sure there is enough space in the dryer, and the dishwasher is free.
Also read: 30 Unusual Uses For Lemon
9. Listen to something nice or funny
Instead of suffering over the sink, mentally making a to-do list for the next week, turn on your favorite music, radio, or a funny podcast. Time will fly by.
We don’t have a lot of time to spend by ourselves. So exhale, relax and allow yourself not to think about anything. Even dirty dishes. Just wash, wash.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Life hacker