We teach you to step by step how to block someone on Linkedin and delete them from your network of professional contacts.
Steps to Follow:
First things first, log into your account and search for the profile of this specific person.
When your profile is in front of you, you must pass the cursor over the downward arrow; You will find this arrow next to the option highlighted in blue “Send a message,” as we show you in the screenshot.
When you put the cursor over this arrow, a drop-down menu will appear with different options: the last one is the one that offers you the option to “Block or Report”; You must select it to be able to block the contact on Linkedin.
Next, a box will appear in the center of the screen that indicates the two possible options that you can choose: either block or report. Along with them, Linkedin offers you a series of explanations so that you understand what you will cause by carrying out this option.
If you want to block someone on Linkedin, you must choose the first option, as you will see in the attached image.
Also, bear in mind that you will not be able to do the following:
- You will not be able to access his profile on Linkedin, nor will he be able to consult yours.
- You will not be able to send any message to him, nor he to you.
- You will stop being connected to your network of contacts.
- The validations and recommendations from that contact would be removed from your profile on Linkedin.
Aspects to take into account to know how to block someone on Linkedin.
Also read: What Should I Post on Twitter?
- The contact you have blocked will not be informed of the block you have made.
- Anonymous users can continue to see your profile on Linkedin: there is still no way to block this user from accessing your data.
- The lock someone on Linkedin can only be done from a desktop PC; from a mobile device or tablet, this option has not yet been developed.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff