The nose is the focal point of any face and usually draws the attention of any gaze. For many people, the size of their nose is an area of insecurity, which is why they seek ways to improve how it looks. One of the most popular is plastic surgery, but while it is effective, it is also expensive and not always available.
We will give you some tricks so that you know how to make your nose smaller and upturned, either including face workouts, cosmetics, or other ideas at your fingertips. Also, we will tell you about the most effective cosmetic nose reduction procedures. Keep reading!
Exercises to Make the Nose Smaller
Facial features tend to change over time, making your nose look bigger little by little. If you have that complex, you should be aware that facial exercises can help you acquire a smaller nose. They are fast, easy, inexpensive, and most importantly, very effective. Take note:
Read also: Eyebrow Growth Hacks – Learn More
Massages are very effective in improving your appearance and can help you shape your nose. To do the exercise, follow these steps:
- Lie down or recline on a comfortable surface
- Make circular movements with the index finger from the top to the tip of the nose.
- Perform this massage for 5 minutes daily and you will see how, in addition to shaping your nose, headaches will be reduced, as well as attacks of sinusitis.
Pressure on the Bridge of the Nose
This facial exercise will help you to strengthen the cartilage located on the bridge of the nose, keeping the form from changing over time. The exercise is simple:
- Place the tip of your index finger just below the tip of your nose.
- Apply light, gentle upward pressure, inviting the nose to arch slightly.
- Next, you will have to contract the muscles to exert a force opposite to that of the index finger.
With the lateral pressures of the nose, you will help to refine and narrow it, while strengthening its muscles. To perform this facial exercise, follow these steps:
- Take a deep breath and hold the air.
- Then, put each index finger on both sides of your nose and press on the fins, exhale forcefully and remove the fingers from the nose.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times and do the routine daily to see the results.
Closing the Nostrils
Another good exercise to reduce the size of your nose is by alternately closing the nostrils.
- Start by blocking your left nostril and take a deep breath with your right.
- Keep the left nostril closed for about 5 seconds.
- Then repeat this same procedure closing the right nostril and breathing through the left.
- Performing 3 sets of 10 repetitions you will be able to change the size of your nose little by little.
How to Make Up your Nose to Make it Look Smaller
If you want to hide the size of your nose, make it appear smaller and more tilted in a natural way, there is no better option than resorting to a safe bet: makeup is going to be your biggest ally in accomplishing this. Depending on the type of nose, you will achieve one or the other results. Stay tuned for our tricks and put them into practice.
How to Reduce a Wide nose With Makeup
If you have a very wide nose and want to get a slender, upturned nose, you should take the following actions:
- Apply foundation of a shade darker than your skin color to both sides of the nose
- Blend it towards the cheeks until it is even.
- Then, apply concealer or highlighter to the bridge of your nose to highlight the thinnest part of your nose.
- Blend in the concealer and also put a little on the tip of the nose.
How to Reduce a Long Nose with Makeup
To flatten the nose, we recommend applying the darkest foundation both on the tip and below the nostrils.
Then, at the area where you want the nose to end, apply a little concealer or highlighter. As a result, you will have the impression that your nose ends sooner than it actually does. With this simple trick, you will be able to shorten it.
Other Makeup Tricks
In addition to the tips above, we recommend using makeup to draw attention to other parts of your face. Follow these simple tips and you will achieve more balanced features:
- Enhance your lips with color or by focusing your attention on your gaze, you will be able to hide the big nose.
- Avoid heavy makeup, as your nose will stand out more.
- Bet on natural looks, with a fine eyeliner and shades with nude or beige tones to achieve the desired effect.
- Define the cheekbones or the arch of the brow using facial contouring techniques to further define the nose.
- Use a pearlescent highlighter to soften its shape and balance it with your face.
- Lastly, feel free to use concealer to highlight. Dark circles, for example, focus attention on the nose. To reduce this effect, use a concealer that is also illuminating around the eyes. This point of light will awaken your gaze and help reduce the appearance of a large nose.
Other Tricks to Make the Nose Smaller
In addition to exercises and makeup, you can opt for other tips to visually minimize the size of the nose.
Hairstyles to Hide the Nose
Hair can be used to deflect attention from your nose, you just have to know how to play with it to get the most out of it. Follow these tips and you will achieve it:
- The long curly hair can become a good focus to distract attention from a big nose. Bet on waves and don’t let straight hair frame your face, as the center of all attention will be the nose.
- It is also advisable to divide the hair into parts, you can do it in lateral parts since the division in the center will attract the eye in the direction of the nose.
- Go for soft curls and waves, loose, disheveled hair, and add volume to the back of your head to make your nose smaller.
- Avoid center partitions, straight hairstyles, heavily combed ponytails, and straight cuts.
Read also: Makeup Tricks For Women Who Wear Glasses
Accessories to Reduce the Size of the Nose
Accessories can also be of great help to hide the big nose, you just have to choose the right ones.
Wear long, wide earrings or long, bulky necklaces. This way, you will be able to draw attention away from the nose. If you use glasses, avoid narrow and thin frames and opt for large or pasta glasses, since they will naturally shrink the nose.
If the previous tricks have not served you and you are still not satisfied or satisfied with the size of your nose, aesthetic treatments are always an option. We tell you the most common ones that will solve this problem immediately.
It is a treatment that consists of the infiltration of absorbable products, such as hyaluronic acid, and non-absorbable products that will aid in the correction of nose problems such as unevenness in the rear, deviations or elevation of the tip, all in order to achieve a more harmonious and balanced profile with the rest of the facial characteristics.
Rinomodelling is a mild touch-up technique in which you will obtain results in just one session and for a duration of up to 12 months. Thanks to this molding of the nose without surgery you will obtain a more symmetrical nose in accordance with your facial features.
This novel technique involves applying resorbable tensioning threads to correct the back of the nose, which manages to refine and align the nose, as well as elevate the tip. It is a non-surgical approach that creates a lifting effect in a natural way, and that allows us to readjust the appearance of the nose. The first month will show visible results. This method is quick, efficient, and has minimal risk.
Finally, you can always resort to cosmetic surgery through rhinoplasty. This operation allows repair or reshapes the nose completely, in order to seek facial harmony and resolve issues that have caused the nose to the patient, as well as help, relieve breathing problems.
In case you want to entirely alter the appearance of your nose, rhinoplasty is a safe option. This surgical technique allows you to change the contour of the tip of your nose, as well as reduce or expand its size, change their angle, among other modifications. The final outcome will be apparent from 2 or 3 months after the operation, which has a postoperative period of approximately 10 days. Rhinoplasty is the perfect solution to completely end the problem of a large nose.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff