If you still don’t know how to put music on Instagram or wonder how to add music to a video for Instagram before uploading it, this article follows this article. We will explain it step by step and with photos so you can see how simple it is. Let’s go there!
How to Put Music on Instagram Stories – Step by Step
Since Instagram enabled the possibility of adding music to your stories, all you will need is to have the latest version of this app updated on your mobile. Then, you can add the audio tracks you want, and that is available online, with a minimum duration of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30.
Read also: How to View Instagram Stories Anonymously
If you don’t know how to put music on Instagram, follow this simple step by step.
- Open Instagram and press the “Your story” icon (in the upper left corner of the screen) to add a new story.
- Select the type of story you want to upload (photo, video, multimedia gallery file).
- Pull down the “Labels” menu and press the “MUSIC” button.
- You will have three categories available to you: “Popular,” “Moods,” and “Genres.” There you will find all the default melodies. You can also search for them directly, by typing the name of the audio track in “Search.”
- Choose the audio track of your preference. You can upload it in two ways: as a sticker (the album cover, the name of the artist, and the song appear there) or as a karaoke (while the track is playing, the lyrics of the song will appear on the screen).
I can’t put music on Instagram – why is that?
If you can’t put music on Instagram, it’s probably because you don’t have the updated app on your phone. Remember that, in many cases, it is necessary to restart the mobile after updating to enable the new functions.
If, after this, you still can’t put music in the app, Try deleting and reinstalling the app. If it still does not work, the most likely thing is that your phone does not support the latest update available, either because of low internal memory or because it has an old version of Android.
Applications to Add Music to an Instagram Video
With the latest Instagram update, you will be able to put music on your stories. However, there are other applications for Android and iOS mobiles that also serve to put music to a video on Instagram. These will allow you to upload the file with music both in the insta stories and in your feed. Some of them are:
This app was designed to record short videos with background music. Its interface is very similar to that of Instagram, as well as its functionality. To add music to a Instagram video with Lomotif, you have to follow these steps:
- Once you have downloaded the app, select the audio track you want to play. You can add it directly from your gallery or Spotify.
- Record your video; the audio track will play simultaneously while it is being recorded.
- In addition to music, the app also allows you to add filters, emojis, text, and gif animations.
- When the video is finished, you can upload and share it on Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter.
Launched in 2013, this app allows you to make short videos with photos and music. Besides having its online community, it will enable you to share the videos with Instagram and other social networks. This is how you should use Flipagram to add music to your videos on Instagram.
- Select the audio track you want to add. You can do it from the Flipagram library or your multimedia library.
- Create your video with the images and photographs of your choice. You can also record it directly with your mobile camera.
- You can add, in addition to audio, text, animations, and filters, to animate your video. With this app, you can record short videos with a professional touch.
With Tik Tok, you can create short videos (maximum 1 minute) with background music. Besides recording your videos, you can also take photos and add custom animations to them. How to add music to your videos for Instagram with Tik Tok?
- Select an audio track from Tik Tok playlists.
- Record your video or choose a series of photos saved in your library.
- In addition to music, you can add animations, filters, text, and emojis to personalize your video.
- You can share your video directly on Instagram stories, Facebook, or WhatsApp.
Is it possible to Add Any Genre?
Instagram has a wide range of genres and music tracks to put songs in your stories. However, you can also add tracks that are not available in the app through Spotify or the music player installed on your phone.
Just select the track, play it, and the song will play in the background while the video is being recorded. When you give the song to play, either from the media player or Spotify, you must minimize the playback window and go to Instagram.
There it will be enough to press the shutter icon (the circle that appears in the center, at the bottom) for the video recording to begin. The audio track will continue to play as long as you make the video, as the recording captures the sound from the phone’s speaker. Keep in mind that if you have headphones connected, the song will not be heard.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff