For this reason, in this article, we will take the opportunity to teach you how to unclog a very clogged toilet with several methods that you will not require anything more than what you have in your home. Take note!
How to Unclog the Toilet for an Object With a Plunger
As you know it in your country, the drain opener, soup cup, suction cup, or pacifier is one of the most frequently used items in the laborious chore of unclogging the toilet. Because of the vacuum created by the rubber and pressure, it helps to suck up any object that is blocking the pipe or the toilet bowl. Pay attention to know how to use it correctly
- Clear the surroundings of the toilet and cover the floor with paper or some plastic to protect it from splashes or debris that may come out.
- Lift the lid and guard and position the plunger at a 45 ° angle across the hole where the water drains. It is important that the edges of the tool are perfectly sealed with the surroundings of the drain.
- After you have created the necessary fixation it is time to press. With energy and with the help of the stick of the suction cup, press about 10 or 15 times so that the pressure begins to suck what is covering the pipe.
- Unhook the suction cup by moving it to the side and pull the chain and see if the water drains perfectly. If not, repeat the process again.
How to Unclog the Toilet with Water
Another of the most used ways to eliminate any obstruction in the toilet drain is with the help of pressurized water. Adding buckets of water in a rough way can create sufficient pressure to circulate the object blocking the pipe. However, it is advisable to use boiling water and previously put some kind of cleaning solution (such as bleach or detergent) in the bowl of the toilet.
Read also: How to Unclog Drain Pipes
- Clear everything around the toilet to prevent it from getting wet or damaged.
- Lift the lid of the toilet.
- Add the product of your choice to the bottom to facilitate unblocking.
- Pull the chain and when the water starts to drain from the tank, pour the water from the bucket from a good height to create more force and pressure. Be very careful when pouring very hot water to avoid burns.
- If the toilet has unclogged well, it is not necessary to add more water, however, you can add another bucket of hot water.
How to Unclog the Toilet with Plastic Wrap or Duct Tape
Follow these steps to learn how to unclog a bathroom with plastic wrap or duct tape.
- Lift the lid and the toilet bowl.
- Clean the outer and upper edges that are in contact with the protector with the help of toilet paper or a towel; they are probably wet.
- After they dry thoroughly, start taping end-to-end pieces of plastic wrap or thick masking tape until you create a protective layer without any leakage with these materials.
- When all the paper is perfectly placed, pull the chain so that the suction bulges the protection.
- As you create suction, use both hands to press down on the paper or tape. The force created by this will push the clogging object through the drain.
- Lastly, remove all the paper or tape and throw it away.
How to Unclog a Toilet with Plunger Fluid
If you want to solve the problem quickly, apart from using the manual plunger, you can use the fluids to unclog pipes, which are specific commercial products for this purpose and, if the problem is not serious and does not need a licensed plumber, these liquids accomplish the job.
There is a wide variety of these products, so pick one that best fits your issue and the type of plumbing in your blocked bathroom. To use these liquids you just have to follow the instructions for use on the container, without skipping any steps or warnings. For example, we must be careful that they do not come into contact with our skin or our eyes, as well as storing them where children and pets can't get to them.
Normally you have to pour the amount of product indicated on the package and let it act for about two hours. Then you just have to pull the chain and check out how the pipe works, and if required, repeat the process.
How to Unclog the Toilet Bowl with Cola
It is very likely that you have ever heard that cola is used to unclog pipes of all kinds. The truth is that the amount of gas and some of the acidic ingredients that it contains break down a variety of materials, which helps to undo blockages in sinks and bathrooms. Typically, it is used as follows:
- Pour 2 liters of this liquid into the clogged toilet.
- Let it sit for several hours, at least 2 hours, but depending on the type of jam this product may need more time. If you want to speed up the process you can pour more but be careful not to overdo it so that it does not overflow.
- You will observe that the level of the retained water decreases. When you see that it is at a similar height to the normal for that toilet, pull the chain to check that it works completely well.
How to Unclog a Toilet with Baking Soda
You can unclog the toilet using only baking soda and vinegar, a highly practical combination if you don't have a specific product on hand. Both components can be used to clean and disinfect, as well as to aid in the breakdown of other materials.
- Pour a large cup of baking soda into the clogged toilet bowl. If there is a lot of accumulated water, you will have to add more cups of baking soda.
- When you see that it has settled in the entrance of the drain, add two cups of vinegar, it does not matter if it is wine or white. You will see that it immediately begins to make an effervescent effect, which will help to undo the jam.
- Close the lid and let it work for at least half an hour.
- Pull the chain to see if there is no longer any obstruction and, if necessary, repeat the maneuver.
How to Uncover the Bathroom with a Hanger
You can use the appropriate tool when there is an object clogging the curved pipe of the toilet, i.e. a spiral plunger. However, if you don't have this device, you can make a similar tool out of a wire hanger or a clothespin. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Unfold the wire from the hanger to make it straight and leave the hook shape at the end.
- Make sure to collect what you have around the toilet and place paper or plastic on the floor, to be able to unclog the toilet more easily and without straining anything.
- Insert the hook part into the drain inlet and begin pressing to push out the clog.
- You will see that in a short time it will disappear and when you pull the chain the pipe will start to work well. If you see that it costs, you can add a homemade or purchased product that helps to undo the jam.
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff