If you wonder if you can recover deleted photos from WhatsApp, you are not alone. In addition to having backup copies of the phone, there are also endless applications that you can download on your Android or IOS devices to perform this procedure. In the following article, we will tell you everything you need to know.
Can Deleted WhatsApp Photos be Recovered?
As we have already anticipated, the answer to this question is yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp through an automatic copy of the program, some applications, or from your computer.
Read also: How to Hide Your WhatsApp Online Status
As long as you have the latest version of the application downloaded, it will allow you to download the photos that have been deleted; the only requirement to do so is that these files must be within the conversation. If, on the other hand, all the information has been lost, the photos and videos cannot be recovered unless the recipient sends the information again.
Something similar happens if you wonder how to recover deleted photos from your mobile, as it will depend on the latest backup of the device and some useful and little-known apps.
WhatsApp Web to Recover Photos
Believe it or not, recovering deleted photos through WhatsApp Web is relatively easy. Also, you can perform this method, whether you have iOS or Android. Follow this simple step by step.
- Scan the QR code that is there with the camera of your mobile.
- Once you have logged in, go to the chat from which you want to recover the photos.
- Within the chat, you will have to go to the file’s icon. You may find it by clicking previously on the clip design you will see in the right corner of the chat.
- Click the photos and files icon and select the images you want to recover.
- Once you view these photos, you can click the download button you will find at the top of the menu.
Images can be viewed immediately in the download folder on your computer. In case you want to transfer them to your mobile device, you can do it with the help of a USB cable or through iCloud.
Recover Deleted Photos from WhatsApp with a Backup
Another way to recover photos received on WhatsApp is through the backup that has been made later by the application in question. If you wish to activate it, you must go to the ” Settings ” option in your WhatsApp and then press the ” Chats ” option. In this way, the possibility that contemplates the backup will be displayed, and you will check if the information that is erased remains there.
Thanks to this option, you will be able to verify when was the last time you backed up the multimedia information hosted on WhatsApp on your mobile. In case this was done before the information was deleted, the photograph should still be there.
In case the information is indeed backed up in the backup, you can easily download it. However, your device will likely ask you to uninstall WhatsApp and restart your mobile. When it is turned on, and you reinstall the application, you will recover the images, but make sure before saving all the information that you do not want to lose on your computer.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from WhatsApp on iPhone
For people who have an iPhone, the automatic copy of the phone will be a good option. However, the first thing you should do is uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it. Next, you can perform a process similar to that of the backup, but through iCloud. In this case, you must log in to the said application and click on the “Backup” option to download the material again. In this way, you can have the images that you lost on your computer.
Another way to rescue lost photos is through the EaseUS MobiSaver Free application for your computer.
- Connect your mobile to the PC through a USB cable.
- The device will then be recognized on the computer screen.
- Click on the “Recover from IOS device” option and then the “Scan” button.
- In this way, the images that have been recently deleted from your mobile will be displayed. Select the ones you want to recover and precious “Recover.”
How to Recover Deleted Photos from WhatsApp on Android
In case you have an Android device, it is possible to resort to the use of different programs to restore deleted images from WhatsApp. These options include.
- Restore Image: this application is in charge of finding the photos that have been deleted from WhatsApp or any other messaging application recently. It is essential to mention that no type of root permission is required for its use, so it is a handy tool.
- MobiSaver: if you have not had good results with the previous application, you can use MobiSaver, with which you will recover the recently deleted content from the phone memory. This application is useful both with the free version (to recover a limited number of files) and with the paid version (unlimited number of files).
Adapted and translated by The Cop Cart Staff