When it comes to building muscles and hitting gym everybody needs a boost. Some prefer to go with BCAA’s (Branched Chain Amino Acids); meanwhile, others go with Pre-Workout Protein shakes. Our body can get Amino’s from Protein, but BCAA’s are in ready to use form meanwhile for Protein, it requires processing. The question is why you need to consume Protein at all? Well during workouts and heavy lifting your body goes through a process of repairing, building and maintaining muscles for that it requires energy. Protein provides the energy which our body uses for structural and functional properties. In the present era, you’ll see the different type of products which are claimed to be designed for your body such as Pre-Workout, Intra-Workout, Post-Workout, Weight Loss, Whey Protein, Test Boosters, etc. but the question arises do you need any of that? As I mentioned, our body does need a source of energy to be repaired and maintained, so we certainly need Protein for that purpose. Only if you can’t fulfill the required intake using your meals and natural ways, then you should go for any Pre-Workout product. So with too many manufacturers and advertisers targeting the market how you will know whats best for you and how you can choose the right product for your needs? Well, it depends on your goals and type of workout you are going to do as these products are designed to enhance your strength, energy, and endurance during exercise. So if you are not going hard and have a proper diet, then you might not need any of those as the primary purpose is to fulfill the need of the body for Protein. If the body has enough to burn and utilize, then you are good without any enhancer. Still, if you do need something extra and heard about DSN Pre-Workout due to its hype, then I’m going to tell you all the positive and negative aspects of that product. I’ll also give my conclusion about whether you should go for this product or any alternative and I hope by the end of this guide you’ll be able to choose what is best for you. (If you are in a hurry jump to 3 Reasons To Avoid DSN Pre Workout section otherwise follow for all the facts).
What Is DSN Pre Workout?
DSN Pre Workout is a supplement introduced by Dyna Storm Nutrition to trigger the creation of muscle along with improved physique. Its claimed to contained natural ingredients with no fillers, chemicals, and synthesizers. According to the manufacturer its produced and shipped from the United States while keeping all the standards in check meanwhile the company who is providing the product is Canadian. The company also offers a verity of other products such as DSN Code Black, DSN Post Workout, DSN Nitric Oxide & DSN Multivitamin with specific properties. Although the website has many claims in terms of enhancing performance, increasing muscle mass and boosting strength along with studies and tests but there’s lack of evidence to back all those claims. That’s the only thing which makes it a bit fishy. However, let’s look at how it works. (If you are in a hurry jump to 3 Reasons To Avoid DSN Pre Workout section otherwise follow for all the facts).
How DSN Pre Workout Works?
The workout market is heavily populated in terms of supplements. It makes it hard to determine which product is legit, which is junk and scam. So to evaluate that and to ensure that the product is working you have to look at many different factors such as the ingredients, side effects, positive impacts also the reviews by verified purchasers. Well in case of DSN Pre Workout the product is claimed to produce energy that can be instantly used by cells to function correctly. It also targets the blood flow and widens the veins to increase the blood flow in the required parts and tissues. It also triggers the nervous system for temporary alertness and wakefulness. The supplement is also claimed to help maintain healthy bones and prevent weakness as well as fatigue during workout.
DSN Pre Workout Ingredients
The working of the supplement seems to be very impressive according to the claims. The manufacturer mentioned the ingredients which are used for the formulation of this supplement and it includes Creatine Monohydrate, Caffeine, L-Arginine, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Niacin, Thiamin, Cayenne & Calcium.
- Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine is a naturally occurring substance which is present in our muscle cells. It helps muscles during lifting and intense workouts. Consuming creatine as supplement is very popular among bodybuilders and athletes to boost the muscle mass. If its consumed in high dosage it could lead to kidney, heart or liver damage as well as can cause dehydration and Muscle cramping.
- Caffeine: According to the studies caffeine could increase blood fats and allows the body to use fat instead of carbs as a fuel during exercises. It effects the neural system and causes alertness. Excessive use of caffeine could lead to sever problems such as anxiety, insomnia, digestive issues, addiction, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, fatigue and muscle breakdown.
- L-Arginine: Its helpful in terms of metabolic processes and also encourages the release of hormones. It also improves your strength and fitness but high dosage could lead to diarrhea, allergies, blood abnormalities, abdominal pain and bloating.
- Vitamin D3: According to research Vitamin D may improve the muscular functionality along with improved muscle strength. It also plays vital role in the regulation of calcium and phosphorus which is significant for bones. Too much use of Vitamin D could lead to kidney stones, muscle weakness, bone pain, nausea, vomiting, weight loss and constipation.
- Vitamin C: Its effective in terms of reducing muscle soreness, oxidative stress and enhancing muscle functionality. It also helps in repairing skin tissues and blood vessels. Extreme use of Vitamin C could lead to upset stomach, faintness, headache and nausea.
- Vitamin B12: When it comes to muscle growth Vitamin B12 is considered very important as it improves nitric oxide product and reduces homo-cysteine levels. It also assists in protein metabolism and for production of red blood cells. The common side effects of B12 are headache, itching, swelling and nervousness.
- Vitamin B6: Its also known as pyridoxine and is involved in metabolic functions such as breakdown of glycogen which is stored in muscles. If you don’t have sufficient levels of Vitamin B6 your body won’t be able to create or absorb enough amino acids. Too much Vitamin B6 could cause sleepiness, headache, upset stomach, tingling, burning and sensitivity to sunlight.
- Folic Acid: It helps in increasing muscle strength and mass. It also converts arginine in to nitric oxide. Although there are no side effects generally but you may experience sleepiness, gas, nausea, bloating and upset stomach.
- Niacin: It helps in digestion as well as in terms of growth hormone production. Growth hormones are responsible for muscle mass and strength. It could also cause nausea, vomiting, faintness, itching, stomach pain and dizziness if not take carefully.
- Thiamine: Its a vitamin also known as Vitamin B1 and helps in terms of immunity and muscle mass. It doesn’t pose any serious side effects but might lead to nausea, tenderness and itching.
- Cayenne: Cayenne is a spicy herb and can help in reducing nerve, joint and muscle pain. It might lead to stomach irritation, flushing, runny nose and sweating.
- Calcium: Its well known for strong bones development and is also responsible for maintaining muscle contractions. Excessive intake could lead to nausea, vomiting, urination, muscle weakness and bone pain.
Most of the ingredients mentioned by the manufacturer are natural and pose significant positive impacts. There are some side effects especially in case of creatine. If you are going through any certain health condition or allergies you should avoid this product.
Is DSN Pre Workout Clinically Approved?
There are many claims made by the official website in terms of the performance enhancing capabilities of the product. There are also some before and after results mentioned along with studies but due to the lack of evidence its really hard to say that the product is clinically approved. The mentioned ingredients are surely great, and have positive aspects as well as are mostly clinically approved but it doesn’t make the product clinically approved too.
DSN Pre Workout Promotional Methods
Mostly the manufacturers of such products use emotional terms to get customers and in some cases fake studies and paid endorsements. In the case of DSN Pre Workout the official website uses Brandon Tovey mentioned as 8-time world record holder, 2-time power lifting world champion and 10-time USA national record holder along with Clay Upson. So try not to fall for such claims.
DSN Pre Workout Pricing & Refund Policy
DSN Pre Workout offers 14-days free trial but for that you have to pay the shipping and handling fee of $6.95. Once you enter your credit card details and required information you’ll be enrolled in the auto ship program of company which means you’ll be billed monthly and will receive the supplements regularly as well. In case you want to cancel autoship program or want a refund which is offered by the manufacturer for 30-Days then you will have to contact with customer support:
Email:[email protected] | Phone: 1-800-210-7831
Note: The autoship programs are usually hard to cancel due to slow customer support and you could loose pretty much. Also the pricing of DSN Pre Workout is very high so before falling for free trial think twice.
3 Reasons To Avoid DSN Pre Workout
Following are the three major reasons due to which you should be avoiding this product.
- The product is not evaluated by FDA and is not clinically approved.
- There is not enough evidence to support the claims made by manufacturer on the Official website in terms of working and formulation of the product.
- The auto-ship programs are hard to get rid of and you could end up losing extra money.
Instead of going for auto-ship billing which would ultimately end up taking more than $100 from your account you could go for a more reliable source and can try products priced between $15-60. Here are five of the top rated products including Amazon’s choice you could try. 🙂
|Prime Labs Men's Booster||4.5/5|
|Superior Labs TEST WORx||4.3/5|
|Extra Strength Testo Booster||4.5/5|
|Nugenix Natural Testo||3.4/5|
The product is not available offline and not on any online store such as Amazon, GNC or Ebay etc. Normally the autoship programs could lead to extra billing so I’d certainly not recommend enrolling yourself into any autoship program. The ingredients are pretty good but you can get cheap products in the market with the same value. So I’d not recommend going for DSN Pre Workout.
If you have tried DSN Pre Workout. Let our readers know about your experience with DSN Pre Workout below! 🙂
- 1 What Is DSN Pre Workout?
- 2 How DSN Pre Workout Works?
- 3 DSN Pre Workout Ingredients
- 4 Is DSN Pre Workout Clinically Approved?
- 5 DSN Pre Workout Promotional Methods
- 6 DSN Pre Workout Pricing & Refund Policy
- 7 3 Reasons To Avoid DSN Pre Workout
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 DSN Pre Workout